In case of an emergency situation, updates will be posted on this page.
Caltech's Emergency Notification System
In the event of a fire, earthquake or other emergency, members of the Caltech community need information as quickly as possible: Has the campus been closed? Do we need to evacuate or take shelter? What's happening?
Caltech has contracted with Everbridge to provide emergency notification to all Caltech students, faculty and staff using the contact information from access.caltech. To be included in the notification process, at least one valid phone number is required for each person.
For this system to be effective, your access.caltech contact information must be current.To verify or update your contact information, please:
- Go to http://access.caltech.edu
- Log in with your access.caltech username and password
- Go to My Personal Information
- Click on Name and E-mail and enter/verify/correct your primary e-mail address
- Click on Addresses and Phones and review/edit/add phone numbers. Include a mobile number to receive text messages in an emergency.
Everbridge's mobile app, "Everbridge ContactBridge," will give you the ability to communicate via text and to send photographs of suspicious persons/events directly to Security Dispatch.
You can download the app now for Apple or Google devices. Please review "Emergency Communications and Everbridge App Instructions" for instructions on how to log into the app.
Questions? Contact Caltech Security at (626) 395-4701.