Women Mentoring Women Applications Due 2019-2020
The purpose of Caltech's Women Mentoring Women (WMW) program is to provide support for Caltech undergraduate, graduate, and postdoc women as they negotiate their academic, professional, and personal development. *We use an inclusive definition of "women" that includes trans women, gender queer and non binary people.
Today is the LAST day to apply for 2019-2020: Application:https://caltechdiversity.wufoo.com/forms/z11fi47d17piaw2/
Save the dates for two events that are really fun:
Mixer Match, Thursday, October 24th 5:30-7:30 PM Dabney Gardens
Orientation, Wednesday, November 13th 5:30-7:30 PM Dabney Gardens
A little more about the program:
- For graduate students: The WMW graduate program matches postdoctoral scholars with upper-level graduate women and upper-level graduate women with first-year graduate women for a one-to-one mentoring experience.
- For undergraduate students: students will pair first- and second-year undergraduate women and upper-class undergraduate women for a one-to-one mentoring experience. In addition, undergraduates can request to have a Caltech staff member or a graduate student as a mentor.
- For postdocs: Join us either as mentors for graduate students who are looking for their next steps or join a Postdoc mentoring Pod. Email Erin-Kate @ [email protected] for more information!
- For Staff: Help facilitate mentoring "families" or pods. Each pod is composed of up to 6 undergraduates, graduates, and postdocs. The pod will meet monthly or bi-monthly for 60 minutes to connect and catch up. Pod Mentoring runs January 2020-June 2020
- The program offers academic and professional development workshops and discussions, as well as social and networking opportunities throughout the academic year. Matches receive coffee stipends and other resource materials.