Quicksilver Baroque Ensemble
"Revered like rock stars within the early music scene" (New York Times), Quicksilver Baroque Ensemble brings together top North American historically-informed performers. Described as "drop dead gorgeous with a wonderful interplay of timbres," (Early Music America), Quicksilver vibrantly explores the rich chamber music repertoire from the early modern period to the High Baroque.
Music in Vienna actually had its first flourishing long before Mozart. The splendid 17th century court of the Holy Roman Emperors from Matthias to Leopold I were great music lovers and connoisseurs who brought together virtuosos from Italy and native-born composers to create a remarkable musical culture.
Early Moderns: The (Very) First Viennese School, featuring works by:
- Antonio Bertali (1605–1669)
- Johann Joseph Fux (1644–1704)
- Johann Caspar Kerll (1627–1693)
- Giovanni Legrenzi (1626–1678)
- Andreas Oswald (1634–1665)
- Johann Rosenmüller (1617–1684)
- Johann Heinrich Schmeltzer (c. 1623–1680)
See the Coleman website for the full list of 2023-2024 concerts.