Neurodegeneration Reading Group
The NeuroTechers weekly neurodegeneration reading group - open to all interested in neurodegeneration, no prerequisite knowledge required.
This week, members will present some deeper dives into some of the themes bridging different disease classes:
- Do other cell types that live long experience similar diseases?
- Do other cell types that have high metabolic demands experience similar diseases?
- Does the fact that neurons communicate with each other so heavily, and die if they lose communication, play a role in how neurodegeneration spreads and why it is particular to neurons?
- How do reactive oxygen species play a role across neurodegeneration?
- Is neurodegeneration typically caused by apoptosis, toxicity, both?
For more information, please contact NeuroTechers by email at [email protected].