Intermediate International Standard Dance Class
Sunday, February 5, 2012
3:00pm to 5:00pmAdd to Cal
This class will focus on basic to intermediate techniques which will be applied to bronze and possibly some silver figures. The emphasis will be on technique, not on figures. Some of the subjects we will be dealing with are:
- Foxtrot rise and fall
- Creating space to dance outside partner
- Leading and following proper heal turns
- Major similarities and differences between waltz and quickstep
- Connections and the subtle ways in which the frame changes through linear actions
- Where the connections points are in body contact
About the Instructor: Lorena Bravo began dancing Pro/Am American Smooth and Standard with Jonathan Atkinson in October 2004. In the following years, she won numerous competitions; the culminating event being the 2007 United States National Dancesport Championships, where she won the national title in the Open American Smooth Pro/Am Championship. Lorena has since become a professional ballroom dancer and teaches out of Los Angeles, California.
For more information, please contact Shang-Lin Chen by phone at 626-395-5708 or by email at [email protected] or visit http://ballroom.caltechdance.org/classes/201201/intermediate-standard-class-foxtrot-and-quickstep-lorena-bravo.