Google Cloud Platform for Research
Join the Caltech research community Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm PT as we dive in to how to get started with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to enable faster, more cost effective research at scale - available for high capacity research needs.
Open to all researchers - during this virtual session hosted by Google Cloud and Burwood Group, learn best practices, hear example use cases from Caltech faculty, and receive up to $5,000 in GCP credits, and receive free resources to aid your research.
Learn first-hand from Caltech faculty members how Google Cloud Platform (GCP) enabled their research and receive up to $5,000 worth of GCP credits. See the Academic Research Credits Program requirements here.
Caltech has also partnered with the National Institute of Health (NIH) on an initiative to provide cost-effective access to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to help advance biomedical research. This partnership gives NIH-funded researchers up to 25% off of cloud services on GCP.
Learn How To:
- Access the Latest Computing Hardware (GPUs/TPUs) on a cloud platform to enable your research
- Get Access to Free Compute Credits, Deep Computing Discounts via NIH/Google Partnership
- In this 60 min session, you will learn:
- Google Cloud's unique capabilities and services available for cost efficient research, plus, how to take advantage of NIH STRIDES and Internet2 member benefits and discounts
- How Caltech researchers have leveraged GCP to date
- How to get GCP account access and take advantage of free various resources for Caltech community research (up to $5,000 GCP credits, public data sets, 1:1 office hours, additional training)
- Tapio Schneider
* Theodore Y. Wu Professor of Environmental Science and Engineering, Caltech
* Senior Research Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Caltech
- R. M. (Michael) Alvarez
* Professor of Political and Computational Social Science, Caltech
- David Van Valen
* Assistant Professor, Division of Biology and Bioengineering, Caltech
Following the session, researchers will have the option to sign up for 1:1 office hours with a Burwood expert.