Caltech Center for Science, Society, and Public Policy (CSSPP) Roundtable Conversation
Friday, May 5, 2023
3:00pm to 5:00pmAdd to Cal
Baxter Lecture Hall
Shaping the Future: Societal Implications of Generative AI
- Public Event
New York Times technology columnist Kevin Roose will give a keynote presentation on the challenges and opportunities that ChatGPT and similar generative AI technologies pose for our society. The keynote will be followed by a panel discussion with experts from the publishing industry, gaming and technology, the law and academic AI research, providing different perspectives on how the latest AI technology has influenced their field. There will be an opportunity for questions from the audience.
Keynote Address - 3:00–3:50 p.m.
Roundtable - 4:00–5:30 p.m. [Click here to watch]
The event is open to the public.
- Kevin Roose, Author and New York Times Technology Columnist
- Anima Anandkumar, Bren Professor of Computing and Mathematical Sciences, Caltech
- Sean Comer, Principal Technical Artist, Activision/Infinity Ward
- Justin Levitt, Professor of Law and Gerald T. McLaughlin Fellow, LMU Loyola Law School
- Carly Taylor, Security Strategist, Activision Publishing
- Jennifer Wright, Research Services Manager, Cambridge University Press's Research and Development team
- Michael Alvarez, Professor of Political and Computational Social Science, Caltech; Co-Director, Center for Science, Society, and Public Policy (CSSPP)
- Frederick Eberhardt, Professor of Philosophy, Caltech; Co-Director, Center for Science, Society, and Public Policy (CSSPP)
For more information, please contact Sabrina Hameister by phone at 626-395-4228 or by email at [email protected] or visit the event webpage for additional information and speaker bios.