2023 Grad Fair
2023 Grad Fair
At this one-stop shopping event, graduating students can receive help ordering their cap and gown, sit for an official graduation portrait, have questions answered by the Registrar's Office and other offices supporting Commencement, order graduation announcements and other memorabilia, and much more.
Purchasing Regalia and Other Mementos
- Graduating students should order their regalia (caps and gowns, stoles, and house tassels) online. The online ordering site will be live from March 20 to April 17. Graduating students will receive an email reminder when the regalia ordering site goes live on March 20.
- At Grad Fair on April 12, graduating students can place online regalia orders and receive assistance from Caltech Store staff while placing their orders.
- After April 17, students will need to contact the Caltech Store directly by emailing c[email protected] to order regalia.
- Pre-ordered regalia will be available for pick up at the Caltech Store starting on June 1, 2023.
- Commencement gowns are made from recyclable material and can be dropped off at the Caltech Store after the ceremony for recycling. Please contact the Caltech Store for more information.
Cap and Gown and Graduation Photographs
Graduating students will have the following opportunities to have their photos taken by GradImages, the commercial photography firm that covers Caltech Commencement:
- At Grad Fair, representatives from GradImages will be taking cap and gown portraits. Cap and gown will be provided. There is no cost to sit for one of these portraits and photos can be purchased at a later date.
- GradImages will be available to take cap and gown senior portraits or family portraits the morning of Thursday, June 15, 2023, at Caltech Hall Pond, and at the President's Reception that afternoon. There are no appointments needed; portraits will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Photos can be purchased at a later date.
- A team of GradImages photographers will be taking photographs of you as you cross the stage to receive your diploma at the June 16 Commencement ceremony. Those proofs will be made available to you within 5 business days of graduation. You will have the opportunity to select from a variety of photo packages, with no obligation to purchase.
In order to streamline the photograph ordering process, you are asked to provide your name and mailing address to GradImages in advance. By doing so in advance of Commencement, you will receive a 20% discount when registering online.