At Caltech, all Teaching Assistants (TAs) must complete a TA Orientation program prior to or at the start of their first appointment.
New Undergraduate TAs first appointed for Winter Term 2022 will complete a self-contained, asynchronous course in Canvas to fulfill their TA orientation requirement.
To complete this training course, please:
- Self-enroll at https://caltech.instructure.com/enroll/H7DGEK.
- Complete all required modules and submissions by the following due dates for Winter 2022:
- Appointed before or during Week 1: end of the day on Monday, January 10, 2022.
- Appointed after Week 1: within 7 days of being appointed as a new TA.
- Check "grades" in the Canvas course to ensure that you received 100% on the policies quiz (if not, please retake it), and, within a week, an acceptable score on your reflections and assignments.
The course is estimated to take 1.5-2 hours and does not have to be done all at once. Each week, the CTLO will inform the Registrar's Office, Undergraduate Dean's Office, and Option Admins about new undergraduate TAs who have completed their orientation course.
Please note: Some Caltech Options may require an additional workshop, training, or other programming for new TAs, separate from this institute-wide Canvas course. Please read messages from your Option carefully.
For more information, please visit https://ctlo.caltech.edu/universityteaching/programs/training/ta-orientation