"Tides of Gravity"
A Multimedia Solo Concert by Andrea Centazzo, in Celebration of LIGO's Discovery and the 100th Anniversary of Gravitational Waves
Join us for a stunning, vertiginous journey through magnificent visions of the Universe, through Einstein's genius and obsessions, and through LIGO's historic detection of gravitational waves from two coalescing black holes.
The event features a multimedia concert for solo performer and video images by composer/percussionist Andrea Centazzo, accompanied by personal stories of discovery by leading scientists who accomplished and witnessed the LIGO milestone:
- David Reitze - LIGO Executive Director
- Fiona Harrison - Benjamin M. Rosen Professor of Physics; Kent and Joyce Kresa Leadership Chair, Division of Physics, Mathematics and Astronomy
- Alan Weinstein - Professor of Physics, LIGO Laboratory Data-Analysis Lead
- Mansi M. Kasliwal - Assistant Professor of Astronomy
- Surabhi Sachdev - Graduate Student, LIGO Project
This is a free event, but tickets are required. Tickets will be distributed at the Caltech Ticket Office beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 23, 2016 on a first-come, first-served basis.