In the event of an emergency, please visit www.caltech.edu, where information will be posted as quickly as possible.
Caltech has an information phone line for emergencies, at (888) 427-7465, or (626) 395-3291. This line provides recorded information about the impact of an emergency on the campus, including whether or not employees should come to work. This line is for information only.
Caltech also operates an earthquake hotline which provides a list of phone numbers to call for information on recent seismic activity, agencies providing services, and fault-line maps. Please dial (626) 395-3003. (Note: in the event of an extended power outage this number may be unavailable.) Earthquake information may also be obtained from www.cisn.org.
- Caltech home page: www.caltech.edu
- Caltech Emergency Preparedness: www.emergencypreparedness.caltech.edu
Caltech's Emergency Notification System
In the event of a fire, earthquake or other emergency, members of the Caltech community need information as quickly as possible: Has the campus been closed? Do we need to evacuate or take shelter? What's happening?
Caltech has contracted with Connect-ED to provide emergency notification to all Caltech students, faculty and staff using the contact information from access.caltech. To be included in the notification process, Connect-ED requires at least one valid phone number for each person.
For this system to be effective, your access.caltech contact information must be current.To verify or update your contact information, please:
- Go to http://access.caltech.edu
- Log in with your access.caltech username and password
- Go to My Personal Information
- Click on Name and E-mail and enter/verify/correct your primary e-mail address
- Click on Addresses and Phones and review/edit/add phone numbers
Connect-ED can notify you using three communications methods:
- Voice calls/messages to your home, work and mobile phones
- An e-mail to your primary e-mail address
- An SMS text message to your mobile phone
- Caltech emergency SMS messages should show a sender identity of 23177 (Connect-ED)
- To suspend delivery of SMS messages (most carriers permit this), text STOPCALTECH to 23177
- To re-subscribe, text SUBSCRIBE CALTECH to 23177
Questions? Contact the IMSS Help Desk at (626) 395-3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.