Advertising Fact Sheet
Event Program Magazine
8 months: October 2012 through May 2013
Click here for Advertising Rates.
Beckman Auditorium seats 1146. Ramo Auditorium seats 381. Dabney Lounge seats 230.
Approximately 25 events, consisting of lectures, topical panel discussions, humor/satire, films, drama, world dance, folk/world music, jazz, and classical music (except the Coleman Chamber Music Concerts).
- Beckman Auditorium is the neighborhood theater—50% of the audience lives within a 10 mile radius.
- Beckman Auditorium offers regional impact—50% of the audience travels more than 10 miles, coming from such areas as the Westside, South Bay, and the San Fernando Valley.
- Age distribution: 5% are under 30 / 20% in their 30s / 30% in their 40s / 20% in their 50s / 25% are 60 and over
- Household Income: 60% earn over $50,000 / 30% earn over $75,000
- GEO-DEMOGRAPHIC LIFESTYLE SEGMENTATION SYSTEM ANALYSIS The MicroVision™ system, developed by Equifax, organizes the population into 50 different lifestyles. The lifestyle segment names are somewhat self-descriptive. An analysis utilizing this system shows that more than half of our audience falls within just five of these segments:
• A Good Step Forward
• Mid-Life Success
• Great Beginnings
• Home Sweet Home
• Movers and Shakers
All these lifestyles, whether young or mature, single or family, are marked by high education and income, careers in management/professional or technical/sales fields, and above average credit/installment activity. A profile of a typical ticket-buyer would be a female professional in her 40s, who: drives an imported automobile; drinks domestic wine; watches Arts & Entertainment and the American Movie Classics channels on cable; exercises regularly; attends live theater; carries the American Express card; listens to classical, news/talk, and easy listening radio stations; reads news, epicurean, and business/finance magazines; and travels abroad frequently.
Caltech campus: Michigan Avenue south of Del Mar Boulevard, Pasadena, California
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (see rate sheet for ad specifications), four-color self cover, black and white inside
1 printing per season
Distributed without charge to approximately 20,000 patrons
Caltech Office of Public Events
Susan Harris, (626) 792-9205, firstname.lastname@example.org